The Laundry Workout

Household chores can be a great work out!

laundry1

Carrying the hamper down the stairs is good for your stems. And a soaked beach towel can weigh a hundred pounds or more!

laundry2

Who need’s the clean and jerk dead lift? Put your back into it ladies. And do you want to know the secret for toned arms that the body builders don’t tell you?

laundry3

That’s right if folding sheets was easy everyone would do it. And clearly everyone doesn’t because I’m down here in basement with wads of…. ooh sorry… back to the workout. Let’s move on to the all important “core” or abdominal area.

laundry5

If you clench your entire body in a fit of bitterness you’ll have a six pack in no time. Or maybe you’ll just want to drink a six pack all the time.

Finally the key to any successful fitness plan is repetition.

Laundry4

Check.

Comments

29 Responses to “The Laundry Workout”
  1. That was me, night before leaving for BlogHer.

Guess what? That will be me again, when I get home tomorrow.

Heart the cartoons. Now THAT’s talent.

2. Shelley says:

Are you me? I mean, am I you? Ok, I don’t have a basement, but the washer and dryer are on the first floor and the bedrooms are on the second floor, so I’m doing the stair boogie as well. Woohoo for exercise. Up, down, up, down. With wet towels.

I have a college degree too. Thank goodness it’s in psychology. I think I’m going to need my own services very soon. And it’s so helpful with laundry.

3. Kelley says:

Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaaa!

But I don’t have stairs. Do I have to do that weird pretend walking down stairs behind the lounge? And I should have extremely toned abs from all the fit of rage body clenching but all I got was a couple of new wrinkles and a headache.

Susan – Thank you for the compliment on the artwork…surprisingly that’s not what I earned my degree in..I know, a real shame.

Shelley – We’re always on the same wavelength I swear.

Kelley – Fit of rage housekeeping is really the way most of us do it. Thanks for the bwaa ha.. it warms the cockles of my chore doing heart.

5. nicole says:

Laun-dry… no thank you. I’ll stay fat. A for you Miss Kiki, well done. By the looks of these photographs you are looking quite spry.

nicole – alas I can only draw stick figures so I get to be a size zero in my cartoons… and thank you for the A.

CLENCH YER BOD IN A FIT OF BITTERNESS.

comedy gold.

if it werent so true (wink)

I figure Rocky was angry in that movie where Mickey died and it worked to propell his training. Why not me?

9. You now, back in the day, everybody was skinny from all the housework. June Cleaver rocked. Maybe I should do more crap around here…

10. furiousBall says:

you know you mentioned Rocky and that gave me an idea, you should have a hanging slab of frozen cow carcass in your laundry room and get some “bag time” in

11. HRH says:

How is it that you combined exercise and laundry and made it look fun? You are a genius.

12. Greta says:

Cripe. Now exactly HOW am I supposed to compete w/ “Laundry Workout” tomorrow? It’s about ME doncha know!

😉

Mental – that’s what I’m trying to convince myself as well. Chores mean fitness not drudgery. But my brain isn’t cooperating nor is my body.
    furiuosball – um… way ahead of you.. maybe that’s why the Febreeze isn’t working..
    HRH – thank you dear but if I was genius the laundry would do itself
    Greta – please – I’m sure a suspicious mole or Catskills entertainer will appear on your person and then I’m yesterday’s sock drawer.

14. Kyddryn says:

Cleaning up after two grown men and a five-year-old Evil Genius, with occasional breaks for wrestling with said Evil Genius, can provide an alternative full-body workout.

Shouldn’t you team-lift the wet towel? Wouldn’t want to strain something…

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

15. Must go do laundry! Must convince myself it’s helping me lose weight. I am now clenching in a fit of bitterness because it just seems the right thing to do – and so cathartic! Oh! Much better!!

K – it really would be better to have a team. But somehow they make themselves scarce when it comes to laundry time.
    annb – See we can use negative emotions (bitterness/rage) to get in shape which is a positive. So see. I’m crazy.

17. Michelle says:

Too cute!! But I don’t do laundry. Nope. DH does it. I know, I know…I’m missing out on a great workout!

18. mamatulip says:

Seriously, how the fuck do you fold a damn king-sized sheet? I just ball it up, shove it in the linen closet and then slam the door really quickly.

19. giz says:

ROTFL! I lovelovelove the illustrations! OTOH… this is how my mom lived most of her life – she still carries wet clothes outside to line dry when it’s nice out even though she has a dryer, and she’s a spry 82 year old.

Michelle – My DH is the ironer.. I don’t have the skill or patience for that chore. Burn a hole through one shirt and they never let you hear the end of it.

MamaT – I ball it up as well. Martha Stewart would gag.

Giz – thank you so much. Illustrations. You called them illustrations… this makes me nearly cry with happiness. srsly…failed 7th grade art. And way to go mom with the line. Line dried sheets are supposed to smell the best. And welcome to our little home!

21. Mama Zen says:

Yes, who IS putting that soaking wet beach towel in my hamper? I demand to know!

22. Mrs. G. says:

What is it about the mother fracking sheets. They aren’t that hard!

23. Saucy says:

Man, I am down with that workout… I should have freakin’ abs of steel right now, instead, somehow I have abs of fabric softener. Sheesh.

24. ROFL! Love it! That about sums up my workout schedule 2-3 times a week.

P.S. I couldn’t resist blogrolling you :)

Mama Zen – it’s a gremlin we’re dealing with.
    Mrs. G you need to give me a lesson.
    Saucy – but at least we’re squeezably soft
    Um… Sandy… I love you.

26. manager mom says:

Wow…no wonder I’m built like a brick shithouse.

27. Featured on Good Mom/Bad mom on the Houston Chronicle: http://tinyurl.com/5m4rgg

28. Nice and usefull post, thanks, this is one for my bookmarks!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] Lip – Comments That Make Us Belly Laugh Jenny, Bloggess on The Laundry Workoutmanager mom on The Laundry WorkoutMental P Mama on In Which Greta Waxes Nostalgic…Kelley on […]