Workout Pill

This hit the news last week. Scientists have discovered a so-called workout pill.

The pill has only been tested on mice but it burns calories, reduces fat, AND when the mice do workout they’re beasts. I mean like they rule the treadmill because of one little pill. It’s called AICAR. (That’s a working title I think.)

Scientists are now testing to see if the results achieved by the sexy little mice will translate to humans. Some scientists believe people with heart conditions, those who are recuperating from surgery and others with medical limitations could greatly benefit from a workout pill.

But I forsee a different market for the workout pill. The market is comprised of.. ah.. me.

Give me the pill. Give me the pill right now.

Doctor PillSure I have no obvious medical conditions that prohibit working out. Although I cannot for the life of me find my jogging bra. It’s been AWOL since 2005. Which means I haven’t worked out. I’m pretty sure that’s a medical condition. I can’t find my workout bra, my physician can verify this, so give me the pill.

Give me the pill right now.

And because I think AICAR is a lamish name what would be a good name for a workout pill?  My vote is for Tonelynol. Give me the pill… right now.

Note: Today I signed Greta and I up for Yoga AND Spinning classes. They start after Labor Day. For crying in the downward facing dog.. spare our community and give us the pill really.. for the love of spandex.

Comments

16 Responses to “Workout Pill”
  1. Kyddryn says:

Pills like this frighten me…I always wonder what the horrible side-effects will be, and if mysteriously leaking body parts are really worth it. Ray of sunshine, me.

Shade and Sweetwater,
    K

Kyddryns last blog post..Vote Or You’ll Be Sorry

2. Nicole says:

Ha Ha. My pill will be called Fatsprin.

I haven’t gone to the gym in a a whole year because I am not nuts about any of my sneakers. 1st step in a successful workout regimen is an outfit you feel hot in. Strangely, it’s also the last step.

Nicoles last blog post..Fat Blog- Day 218

3. The yoga and the spinning classes are at different times right? I just have a mental image of pedaling during downward dog…

So if you took the exercise pill with a diet pill could you just eat and sleep all day, because that is sounding good to me right now.

4. furiousball says:

i’m still waiting for my flying car

furiousballs last blog post..as opposed to my own princess nightgowns

5. You will love spinning and Yoga. I started spin a few months ago and just because I am a giver I have decided to be the one that spins for all us website girls so I pretty much “spin” all our asses off 3 times a week. It is pretty addicting. Yoga on the otherhand is very fun but I have a hard time touching my toes so this class is a “stretch”
    Have Fun!!

6. Judy says:

Hi. Remember me (the growling grandma)? I went on a self-imposed “blogcation”. Found myself spending way too much time reading about getting off my a$$ instead of actually doing it. Happy to report a loss of 7 lbs. due to yard work. The new people were scaring me, too–they actually sound health-conscious. I used to know the season by the color of my M&M’s (pastel was a sign of spring). I’ll call my pill oxycottongrannypanties. Take a few and you’ll be in a thong in no time.You still make me laugh.

Kyddryn- Yeah I think there’s a possibility of a 3rd eye or something.
    Nicole – Love Fatsprin!!!
    Texasholly – they are two difference classes but if they aren’t I’ll bring a camera.
    furousball – His boy furiousball!!!
    MentalP – we’ll get a bulk discount.. get it.. bulk?
    Cathy – I used to love spinning too.
    I havent’ done it in years and am anxious to get back to it. I’ll post after my cheeks are soar that first few days.
    Judy – I’ve missed you!! 7lbs is great!! And don’t be afraid. Most of us are still pretty giggly around here and thank you for the compliment. Welcome back.

8. Judy says:

Kiki, use the spin cycle on the washing machine. I’ve been using it for years and never once had sore cheeks! Maybe I better go mow the lawn now.

9. noble pig says:

I heard about this! I want one too, like yesterday! However I might OD on the bottle.

noble pigs last blog post..What Bothers You Most About Certain Blogs?

10. CDlover says:

I love oxycottongrannypanties! What is that saying, though…things that sound too good to be true often are? (Like, the perfect man?) That’d be pretty sweet if it worked, though.

CDlovers last blog post..The Hip.

11. Sarah says:

As much as I love a good workout, I’m trying to stay the hell away from spinning. It just doesn’t seem like my thing. Yoga, I could take or leave. At the Rothbury Festival, they had “Spiritual Gangsters” yoga – which was yoga to r&b and hip hop, and that I *LOVED*. It’s the new agey put you to sleep vibe of yoga that doesn’t agree w/ me.

Sarahs last blog post..I’m Mad. Am I Wrong?

12. i would like one of those pills, please.

I would also like a pill that makes me clean my house and shave my legs more often.

and i would also like a cookie.

13. Felicity says:

Sign me up. I am not afraid, I will try anything once :)

Felicitys last blog post..Stronger

14. Oh – i want it tooo!!! I think they should name it GIMME or SUMMADAT…

jennyonthespots last blog post..The Mid Summer Triathlon – through the eyes of Jenny.

15. Shelley says:

They make bras for jogging?

Shelleys last blog post..I Found It!