Letter to the Office Diet Saboteur

Feel free to print the letter below and circle the items that apply to your workplace!

Dear (co-worker/supervisor/boss/assistant),

I am sure you’ve noticed that I have (struggled with weight my whole life/just had a baby/am retaining water for many people/drink too many beers). Recently I have begun to (crash diet/count calories/reduce carbs/adopt a healthy lifestyle) in attempt to (lose a few pounds/fit into my old prom dress/become smoking hot/lower my risk of a massive heart attack).

I have noticed that you enjoy (baking/bringing in band candy/celebrating even those most minuscule holidays). I would appreciate if you would stop putting treats (on my desk/next to my cubicle/on my computer monitor/in my face). You certainly have every right to bring these items to work but please put them in the break room. This way I can avoid the temptation and you can continue to enjoy bringing in treats.

cubicleIn addition, after I decline your food items please desist from announcing loudly to the (entire office/free world) that  (one piece won’t hurt/I am on another crazy diet/you knew I couldn’t resist).

Your actions when I decline your food indicate that you (are jealous of my success/want me to continue to ignore my health/are a jackbag).

I enjoy our working relationship and hope that it continues productively, however if you persist in sabotaging my efforts I will get a safety pin and poke the voodoo doll  of you I keep in my (purse/briefcase) in its (butt/eye/big toe).  This shouldn’t surprise you as you always knew I couldn’t resist.

Warmly,

The Dieter

Letter to the Office Diet Saboteur Printable Version

photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/timpatterson/

Comments

26 Responses to “Letter to the Office Diet Saboteur”

I LOVE IT.
    It’s like madlibs only Im older and know more nasty words.

MizFits last blog post..Tuesday Tips, TestDrive & a Twirl (at your request a twirl).

Thank you everso MizFit. It’s our first printable!

Kikis last blog post..Letter to the Office Diet Saboteur

3. Carol says:

I could’ve used this one yesterday, when one of my co-workers brought in brownies!

Carols last blog post..Saying Goodbye to Me

4. I can’t believe I’ve lived this long and have never heard the word “jackbag”. I am now going to bring this word into full rotation.

Charlie Hillss last blog post..Low Cal Honey

5. Lori says:

This is great! I’ve never heard jackbag either, but found it hilarious. I can resist the afternoon treats. It is the freakin’ donuts when I missed breakfast that get me every time.

Loris last blog post..Goiaba

6. furiousball says:

they found snow on mars

furiousballs last blog post..beat poets and beaten birds

7. Photoqueen says:

Too funny! Especially today, as we’re celebrating a co-worker’s retirement with an official Day o’Grazing.

Photoqueens last blog post..Stick It. Stick It Good.

8. That is a thing of beauty.

9. Christie says:

Love the letter! Could you work up one for my family, as I’m a SAHM? They’re not fully on-board with my weight loss. If it came from you maybe they’d listen. (I know they’d laugh!)

10. Sharon says:

I LOVE it when they announce to the whole building you’re dieting or they just keeeeep on…”You sure you don’t want any?” Some people cain’t leave well enough aloooone.

11. I love it! I have worked with so many people like this.

Stacie Haight Connertys last blog post..Say Aloha to Hawaii Family Travel

12. GretaKiki says:

Carol – Just print it for future reference!
    Charlie – Enjoy!
    Lori – Evil dough-nuts
    furious – That’s it I’m not moving there now.
    Photoqueen – Day o’Grazing is just meanspirited.
    TheCottonWife – Awe shucks.
    Christie – Later this week sound good?
    Sharon – Yeah..it’s like do you need a bullhorn?
    Stacie – I’m glad it’s not just me. Darn Saboteurs!!

Love,Kiki

13. so here’s what my letter is like:

Dear self

Why do you buy things you know you will all of in one night!?

Kindly never enter the cookie aisle again.

Love

Kelly Turner

14. Oh, that’s a good letter. I’d need to give it to myself since I am not gainfully employed.

jennyonthespots last blog post..Looking for input… who’s got an opinion?

15. Dang it. It’s now 11:15 pm my time and I just realized I didn’t get to use ‘jackbag’ all day.

I’m putting it on a post-it note for tomorrow.

Charlie Hillss last blog post..Low Cal Honey

16. Just Kelly says:

LOVE IT! PRINTING IT! LEAVING IT IN THE BREAK ROOM!

At my last job, I was on the “Celebration Committee” (it wasn’t a choice, I was forced… celebrate that!). Our company had 2-3 special activities each month that were always punctuated with cake, cookies, brownies, sugary drinks, and candy. When it came time to have one on one meetings with our supervisors I brought up the suggestion of having healthier fare or more activity oriented celebrations instead of food. Well my supervisor (who was the supervisor of the celebration committee) forgot I suggested it and mocked the suggestion at our next meeting. I was pissed but of course I didn’t say anything. With 80% of our work force probably being morbidly obese I thought it was a good suggestion, but I guess she thought I was raining on her cake parade.

Now I work at a state healthcare organization. Lately we had three ice cream socials… in ONE week. Seriously. A health care organization.

I skipped them all.

Just Kellys last blog post..Ovarian Cancer Month

17. Meg says:

Heh, this is just the thing I need to post up in my
    workspace. It is brilliant, hopefully it’ll work too ^_^

-Meg

Megs last blog post..Small gains

18. Alma Branch says:

cwltf1kwecbf3sz3

19. Melissa says:

I love this! Makes me wish I still worked in an office so I could print it and post it somewhere!

20. I found your site on google, great site, keep it up. Will return in the future. Submitted this post to Google News Reader.

21. Marilyn says:

Ok. This is sad. If you are on Marilyn’s Plan then no one and I mean No One will know you are trying to lose weight. You will not be weighing and measuring your food and if some dirkbag puts a treat on your desk then eat it. You will be able to work it out from there on Marilyn’s Plan for Weight Loss. I find this extremely funny because when I lost all my weight, the women at my little girls school basically turned their backs on me. They were getting fatter and I am now thin. I lost all my weight within a couple of months. It was soooo easy. I discovered this Plan and put pen to paper in the hope that I could help others with the most simple and easy weight loss Plan. Go on. Try Marilyn’s Plan for Weight Loss. It’s sooooo easy.

22. collect bag says:

23. You wouldn’t believe it but I have lost all day looking for some info about this. Thanks for this, it was a wonderful read and really helped me out. this is my site by the way (if you are interested) – <a href="http://ezinearticles.com/?Funny-Christmas-Songs-For-Children—Groove-King-Senseless

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] folks at Does This Blog Make Us Look Fat have a great fill in the blank letter to the office diet […]